Thursday, August 30, 2007

Podcasting - Kenneth What is the Frequency?


R.E.M.What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

The above link is from http://www.last.fm/ which was recently bought by CBS. It is a social networking music site and it is amazing! You choose your favourite artists and it develops playlists to your taste. Last.fm was one of the Web 2.0 Award Winners in the music category. (Another of the winners, Pandora, seems to be no longer available in Canada.)

I searched both podcasts.yahoo.com and http://www.podcast.net/ for adult learning podcasts. (Note: It is always wise to assume when searching for information on the net that adult may produce unexpected XXX or other NSFW results. My wife, soon afer Hannah was born, when searching for baby and adult found 50 year old men in diapers and baby bonnets!)

While searching for podcasts, I found this description of a transformative learning podcast. I put the RSS feed in a widget on the right. I found that I had to actively listen and stay very focussed on the podcast. (Warning: It takes considerable time to download.)

Hunting for podcasts was challenging. It takes too much time to find the good stuff which is why I can see the real value of social bookmarking and tagging. I decided to try del.icio.us and did the following search: education podcasts adult. As usual, after skipping the XXX results, there seems to be some useful ALC related podcasts to explore.

No comments: