Friday, June 29, 2007

Gone Fishing!

If you are reading this blog during the first week of July 2007, then I am currently in the vicinity of Shining Tree, Ontario. (If you are reading this post before Saturday, June 30th... then I am only preparing for my holidays, but I am enjoying the concept!)

This is my 2nd annual fishing trip with the neighbours except we first went in 2005. Last time, we went to a place near Elliot Lake. This time, I will be in at BayWolf Camp. It is a great opportunity to relax, read some books and enjoy friends, laughs and spiced rum.

I am not a great fisherperson, but I am fortunate to have skilled and considerate friends that have guided me in this pursuit. I have learned the proper way to clean a pike which has come in handy. And I have been very lucky to catch (and land!) some fish.

[I was just musing to myself about starting this blog and then writing about fishing so soon. It made me think about other stories that I could share... the manta ray in Colpoys Bay... smelting in the 70s... the prescence of fish presents... even "Guys... Guys!" - I will save these fish tales for another day.]

Have a great week. See you when I get back.

Cheers - Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, I hope you had a great time on your fishing trip. I've been through Shining Tree on our way to Timmins. I also spent time in Gogama. It's beautiful country.

Shirley said...

Your blog was a great inspiration to me & help motivate me to get going on my own.! Hope your fishing trip was tons of fun