Friday, October 5, 2007

Music, Magic and Memories

When I was in high school, I got turned onto Bruce Springsteen. I heard an older student raving about Springsteen. On a whim, I picked up the new album, Nebraska, and I was impressed. The entire record (which it was then - grin) was amazing. The lyrics were haunting. I would later realize that I was introduced to Springsteen at exactly the right time. I blogged earlier about one of the songs on Nebraska being one of my desert island picks.

I have never been to one of his concerts, but everyone has told me that he provides extended music sets that are respectful of your dollar!

I didn't rush to buy Springsteen during the past ten years, but I did get his last album, We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions. I was not disappointed. And my delight continued this week when I found Magic which is the name of Springsteen's new album. And the title song is really about magic! Cool.

P.S. Thanks Kim!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! getting that album must have been quite a surprise for you!