Friday, August 31, 2007

Let's Celebrate!

Blog Day 2007


Today is Blog Day! (Click on the button above for more information.) The idea is to celebrate blogging by recommending five blogs to others. There are a few blogs that I read regularly now (besides everyone's Library 2.0 blogs):

Tame The Web - This blog is by Michael Stephens. He is an Instructor in the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Dominican University. I attended one of his workshops at the Ontario Library Association's Superconference and I was profoundly challenged by his perspective. His informative blog on libraries and technology is sincere, informative and thought-provoking.

Boing Boing - This blog is one of the most popular blogs on the net. One editor, Cory Doctorow, was a keynote speaker at the OLA Superconference. I have this blog on my netvibes aggregator because I can pick and choose whether I want to read all the articles. If you use the internet, I recommend that you stay in touch with this blog! I appreciate the wonderful combination of future thinking, analysis, democratic action and humour. Plus there are cool retro snapshots.

Stephen's Lighthouse - This is another library related blog by SirsiDynix's Vice President of Innovation. I had heard about it, but not visited until Chris C. was talking about some great posts that she had seen. It is now part of my regular Web 2.0 reading. It is how I learned that today was Blog Day. (Thank you Chris!)

Successful and Outstanding Blog(gers) - I found this a few weeks ago while following one of the links on Janet's blog. Liz Strauss's blog is charming, fun and informative. I learn something valuable whenever I visit. (Thank you Janet!)

LifeHacker - I had heard of this blog, but I didn't visit it until we were doing our Library 2.0 project and I found it during the RSS activities. I am glad that I have added it to my netvibes. Some of the information is not needed by me or is too complex for me, but there is lots of helpful information about improving your life!

Have fun on your travels!

No comments: